We have tax forms avaliable at both library locations starting in January of each year, with more added throughout the month of January and February. You can also find federal tax information online at the IRS website, www.irs.gov, and tax forms can be accessed at https://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs. For information on Illinois tax forms, visit the Illinois Department of Revenue website at http://www.revenue.state.il.us and for tax forms, http://tax.illinois.gov/taxforms/.
*This year, the Library will receive supplies of three IRS forms: 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ. We will only receive a limited amout of 1040 instructions booklets, and will not receive any other instruction booklets or other forms due to IRS budget cuts. Some instruction booklets are avaliable in eBook form on the eBooks tab at https://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs.
All taxpayers are encouraged by the IRS to file electronically, if they are able. Taxpayers can file Illinois Individual Income Tax returns for free using MyTax Illinois, available at tax.illinois.gov. You can also view the AARP Tax-Aide Site Locator to find locations that offer tax help.
We understand that many people are unable to file electronically, and for this reason,Three Rivers Library will be supplied with a limited amount of paper copies of Illinois Individual Income Tax returns to distribute to patrons. We will provide copies of Form IL-1040 and its instructions, as well as copies of Schedule ICR, which is one of the most commonly used schedules, and its instructions.
View, Download & Print Forms
Federal Tax Forms:
- View, Download & Print Popular Tax Forms: https://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
- Complete List of All Downloadable Tax Forms and Instructions: https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html
- Order Paper Tax Forms and Instructions by Mail: https://www.irs.gov/uac/Forms-and-Publications-by-U.S.-Mail OR Call 1-800-829-3676
IRS Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers
- View and Download Tax Forms and Instructions: http://www.revenue.state.il.us/taxforms/howto.htm OR Call 1-800-356-6302
- Illinois Taxpayer Help Center: https://idor.custhelp.com/app/home OR Call 1-800-732-8866
Affordable Care Act
Form 8965, Health Coverage Exemptions
- Complete this form to report a Marketplace-granted coverage exemption or claim an IRS-granted coverage exemption on the return.
- Use the worksheet in the Form 8965 Instructions to calculate the shared responsibility payment.
Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
- Complete this form to reconcile advance payments of the premium tax credit, and to claim this credit on the tax return.
- If individuals purchased coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace, they should receive Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, which will help complete Form 8962.
- Form 1040EZ cannot be used to report advance payments or to claim the premium tax credit.
For more information about the Affordable Care Act and filing your 2016 income tax return, visit IRS.gov/aca.
- IRS website: www.irs.gov
- Federal Tax Forms: https://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
- 1040 Instruction Booklet: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040.pdf
- Illinois Department of Revenue: http://www.revenue.state.il.us
- Illinois Tax Forms: http://tax.illinois.gov/taxforms/
- Illinois 1040 Instruction Booklet: http://www.revenue.state.il.us/TaxForms/IncmCurrentYear/Individual/IL-1040-Instr.pdf
- For reviews on different tax software products: http://www.reviews.com/online-tax-software/
- IRS en Español: https://www.irs.gov/Spanish
- Federal Tax Help for Individuals 1-800-829-1040
- Federal Tax Help for the Hearing Impaired (TTY/TDD) 1-800-829-4059
- Order Tax Forms and Instructions 1-800-829-3676
- Illinois Tax Help 1-800-732-8866
- Illinois Tax Help for the Hearing Impaired (TDD) 1-800-544-5304
Free Tax Help
You can also view the AARP Tax-Aide Site Locator to find locations that offer tax help.
These local locations also offer free tax help:
WILL COUNTY CENTER FOR COMMUNITY CONCERNS
2455 GLENWOOD AVENUE
JOLIET, IL 60435
FEB 01, 2016 - APR 15, 2016
Appointment required (English/Spanish)
15014 S DES PLAINES ST
PLAINFIELD, IL 60544
JAN 30, 2016 - APR 16, 2016
No appointment necessary
CHILD CARE RESOURCE AND REFERRAL
801 N. LARKIN AVENUE
JOLIET, IL 60435
JAN 04, 2016 - AUG 04, 2016
Appointment required (Spanish help available)